Carry-on luggage or cabin luggage is regarded as not registered under the responsibility of the passenger transports, and the sum of the dimensions (height, width and length) can not exceed 115 cm, including wheels, handles, pockets external, etc.. The maximum measurements for each dimension are 23 x 40 x 55 cm. Your weight should not exceed 5 kg. (Ordinance 676/GC-5 / 13/11/2000), (IATA PassengerServices – Recommendation 1749).
Except for children under two years paying 10% of the fare, a passenger can carry as hand luggage
- A purse, briefcase or equipment that can be placed under the seat or in the passenger compartment of the aircraft itself.
- A particularly cloth or blanket.
- An umbrella or walking stick.
- A small camera, a laptop and / or binoculars.
- Reading material for travel in reasonable quantity.
Children under two years pay 10% of the fare
- Supplementary feeding for consumption during the trip.
- A basket or equivalent (may also be carried in the aircraft hold).
Handicapped passengers who depend on the following items
- Crutches or orthopedic appliance.
- Wheelchair completely disassembled (this item is part of the franchise baggage, but will be placed in the hold).
These rules apply only to domestic flights by aircraft with more than 50 seats. In the case of aircraft with smaller seating capacity, each airline has specific rules about the dimensions and weight allowed for hand luggage.
We recommend that passengers medicine, jewelry, cash, important documents, securities, keys, cell phones (turned off), accessories or other fragile objects and value should be placed in hand luggage, always obeying the weight and size allowed.
Under the threat of terrorism on flights connecting to England and the United States, for a determination of the Brazilian authorities are not allowed to take – on international flights and domestic legs of international flights – the following objects in hand luggage, liquids or gel, such as:
- All types of drinks.
- Shampoos (liquid or gel).
- Creams (liquid or gel).
- Fragrances (liquid or gel).
- Lotion (liquid or gel).
- Liquid cosmetics (any type).
- Hair Spray.
- Deodorant (aerosol, liquid or cream).
- Sharp objects such as knife, knife, knife, etc.
- Matches and lighters whose fuel is gas type torch (can not be transported inside the cabin and / or luggage).
Since 08/04/2007 the TSA (TransportationSecurityAdministration) re-authorize the boarding of passengers to the United States carrying lighter in hand luggage, however, the limit is only one common cigarette lighter (which the fuel is fluid) for each passenger.
* Drinks for immediate consumption (juices, soft drinks and so on.) Purchased in the boarding area after passing inspection by the airport should be eaten before boarding the aircraft. In the case of drinks and perfumes bought at duty free, a professional from the store will bring the goods to the aircraft when it will be delivered to the passenger.
It will only be allowed to take as hand luggage the following possessions
- Bottles and infant foods (when babies and children are traveling).
- Essential medicines accompanied by prescription (must have the name of the passenger to be confronted with what appears on your boarding pass).
- Essential medicines that do not require a prescription (eye drops, saline solution for contact lenses, etc.., Provided that do not exceed 120M1 or 4oz).
- Insulin and liquids (including special juice or gel) for diabetic passengers accompanied by prescription since they do not exceed 148 ml (or 5 oz).
- Solid cosmetics (lipsticks, lip balm and deodorant stick, etc.).
- Electronic devices (laptop, camera, game player, mobile phone, etc.).
- The luggage that exceeds the amount and / or weight should be checked into the aircraft hold.
All items mentioned above will be retained as prohibited by security agents from the airport.
- If the passenger has a connection from any airport in the UK, it should not acquire any type of liquid and / or perfume in duty free, since these will be confiscated at the time of its transit in London when the security check.
Checked Luggage and Luggage Allowance for Domestic Flights
Checked luggage is the luggage that goes in the aircraft hold. For luggage in the hold, each adult passenger is entitled to up to two bags with pesototal plus 23 kg ( “b” of Article 37 of Decree 676 of November 13, 2000 the National Agency of Civil Aviation – ANAC).
All luggage items independent of whether or not within the exemption allowed passengers to suffer taxation exclusively, because it is difficult to fit luggage and is charged a transportation fee from R$ 100,00 in the check-in airport .
Items that are considered special luggage
- Fishing rod – a rod holder.
- Surfboard – per unit.
- Bike – per unit.
- Ski / snowboad per unit.
- Archery – per bag (if posted).
- Kite-surfing – per unit.
- Scooter – per unit.
Items that are not considered special luggage, which are included in the baggage allowance (usually be charged excessive if it exceeds the threshold)
- Balls (must be empty).
Items must be shipped as separated cargo
Children under two years travel free incomplete without the right luggage, since you are traveling in the lap of a person over 12 years. Children between two and 12 years old are entitled to up to two bags with a combined total of 11.5 kilograms of luggage.
Checked baggage on flights bound for Europe, North America, South Africa and Asia *
a) to / from Canada, United States, American Territories,
b) between Brazil and the following areas: Asia via the Pacific Ocean, the South Africa, Hong Kong and Bangkok via South Africa or on direct flights, Europe, including France and London.
For these destinations, adult or child, with reserved seating, is entitled to two storage with 32 kg each for all classes of service, the following dimensions: maximum weight parabagagens shipped with connections and / or final destination of Europe will be 32 kg per piece. Will not be allowed luggage overweight. Example: passenger boards with three volumes, two are allowed, they do not exceed 32 kg. The third will be admitted and pay for excess volume for a more, but should also respect the rule of weight. Any volume exceeding 32 kg, this should be dispatched as freight. Infants, with up to 2 years of age, can take a collapsible stroller or a basket or umbebê comfort and a piece of luggage in compliance with the accepted dimensions for hand luggage and can ship or take with you. If your baggage exceeds this limit will be levied according to the parameter exceeded:
- Charge will be incurred for excess luggage when there is heavy quantity of parts, or when the volume size is exceeded, or when the weight is exceeded in any of the luggage to be checked.
- Shall be imposed two rates for excess luggage when there is heavy quantity of parts and size of units and weight or size and weight of any luggage to be checked.
- Will be applied three charges for luggage excess when they occur over a number of items, size and weight of any luggage to be checked.
Articles accepted as checked luggage
- Medicines and toiletries necessary or appropriate for the trip, carried as hand luggage. Remember that when the total amount of these items used for each passenger may not exceed the limit of 2 kg or 2 liters and the amount contained in each package can not exceed the limit of 0.5 kg or 0.5 liters.
- Alcoholic beverages, perfumes and colognes, carried as hand luggage or shipped. The amount of alcohol in each container can not exceed the limit of 2 liters or 0.5 liters per package. Surgically implanted cardiac pacemakers containing radioactive materials such as piles of plutonium, articles or products containing barium, implanted in a person as a result of medical treatment.
- With the approval of the airline, small cylinders of carbon dioxide gas used by passengers for the operation of mechanical members. Additionally, can carry spare cylinders of equal size, if necessary for the entire trip.
- Smokers articles for personal use, excluding the lighters devices flammable liquids.
- Dry ice in quantities not exceeding 2 kg for the preservation of organs to be transplanted.
- Lighter can be accepted only on the body of the passenger, never in your hand luggage.
As Rule 676 of the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC), hand luggage or baggage may not contain the following items:
a) Alarm device.
b) Explosives, including empty cartridges, ammunition, pyrotechnics, hunting weapons, small arms and fireworks.
c) Gases (flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, propane and oxygen cylinders.
d) Flammable liquids used as fuel for lighters, heating or other applications.
e) Flammable solids, such as phosphorus and articles easy ignition.
f) Substance of spontaneous combustion.
g) A substance which, in contact with water, emits flammable gases.
h) Oxidizing materials such as lime powder, chemical bleaches and peroxides.
i) Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances such as arsenic, cyanide, pesticides and defoliants.
j) Radioactive material.
k) Corrosive materials such as mercury, acids, alkalis and batteries with corrosive liquid.
l) Magnetic materials.
m) Biological agents such as bacteria and viruses.
n) Perishable products containing ice cubes in bars or loose inside the package.
o) Any type of ink (including silk).
All products and perishable food, groceries in general, such as fish, shellfish and other seafood, fresh or frozen, should be accommodated in containers leak-proof, accidental opening or smell. The product should be packed in plastic bags inside leak proof and the outer packaging must be polystyrene coated with a durable plastic bag. It will only be allowed the shipment of ice in a gel or in individual plastic bags and sealed. In the case of transport of weapons, should be complied with restrictions and special instructions addressed in specific legislation.
New rules for boarding passengers carrying liquids on international flights and domestic legs of international flights
Passengers on international flights (even in these domestic) and domestic flights using the departure lounge for international flights (flights that begin with the number “7″) will be subject to restrictions as set by the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC ) for the transport of liquids in their hand luggage. The transport of liquid (including gel, paste, cream, aerosol and the like) in hand luggage must occur as follows:
- The liquid should be bottle capacity up to 100 ml. Bottles of above 100 ml can not be transported, whether or not with the amount stipulated.
- Passengers should pack the container properly (comfortably) within a sealed transparent plastic bag with a maximum capacity of 1 liter and maximum height of 20 cm x 20 cm.
Loss of luggage
On domestic flights
The luggage will be considered as lost if not delivered to its destination. When this happens, you should seek the representative of the airline still inside the landing sector. The fiscal Aviation ANAC, located in the Civil Aviation (SAC) in the main Brazilian airports, should be activated in case of problems.
Confirmed the loss, the airline has a maximum of 30 days for the location and delivery of luggage. After that time, the passenger must be compensated by the company. As a preventive measure, the passenger may declare the values assigned to the baggage by paying an additional fee stipulated by the company. In this case, the airline has the right to verify the contents of the luggage – and the value of compensation is the declared and accepted by the company.
Objects of value such as jewelry, securities or cash must be carried in hand luggage, getting the company is not responsible for their loss or damage. In case of damage to luggage, the same rules. Will only be considered for purposes of compensation, the destroyed or damaged objects that have been protested.
The Warsaw Convention limits the liability of the airline U$ 20 per kilo of lost luggage. Passengers may also choose to dispatch their belongings, although it was through a Special Declaration of Interest. This document discriminates in detail the contents of the suitcase. Only with this statement can be fully compensated, whichever is the responsibility of the airline on the goods contained therein.